- Annual exams can detect problems before they are obvious to owners.
- Vaccines are not the only reason to bring your cat to the vet annually.
- Indoor cats need exams too – it’s not all about vaccines!
- Annual labwork after age 7 can allow for early intervention.
- Early treatment can reverse some diseases and prevent permanent damage.
- We practice very thorough, but very practical, medicine.
- Cats are masters of disguise.
- They are a species that is both predator and prey – this creates unique issues!
- If cats show weakness or illness, they are a meal for larger animals!
- We understand and can help you better meet your cat’s environmental and emotional needs.
- We can help prevent and treat behavior problems.
- Education about normal cat behavior is part of every appointment.
- Our specialty is treating and micro managing chronic health problems.
- We can extend your cat’s quality of life and therefore your time with your cat.
- It’s about quality, not just quantity, but we aspire to achieve both!
- Treatment not working? We’ll help find another as long as kitty has quality.
- We refer for advanced diagnostics and work with specialists to treat your cat.
- Older cats have different needs and they are different than older dogs.
- As masters of disguise, medical problems are often not obvious to owners.
- Metabolic disease drives many behaviors that are misinterpreted by owners as positive. Example: drinking and urinating more is often first indicator of metabolic disease.
- Old age is NOT a disease!
- Let us help your cat age gracefully and comfortably!
- Cats are self-cleaning! Baths are not routinely needed.
- All cats need to be brushed and/or combed out.
- Many cats need help taking care of fur “below their waist”!
- Every strictly indoor cat’s nails must be trimmed - even if they only have back nails.
- Nail trims are free for our clients; only an appointment is required.
- We routinely perform lioncuts, stomach & sanitary shaves, comb outs, nail trims & ear cleanings and bathe if medically necessary.
- Cats do not automatically need a dental cleaning every year!
- There are things we can do to prevent some types of dental disease.
- We prefer to keep your kitty from requiring a dental cleaning!
- If your cat has/develops dental disease, we can take care of that too.
- We can clean up the healthy teeth and remove any unhealthy ones.
- We do not believe in boarding cats!
- Change of environment is one of the top stressors for cats.
- Cats should be checked on every day, but remain in their own home environment.
- We have several knowledgeable, skilled feline loving cat sitters to recommend!
- Have a friend or neighbor come by, in addition to a cat sitter, to allow for multiple visits each day!
- We perform routine procedures – spay, neuter, biopsy, growth removal.
- Our anesthetic protocols will not leave your cat “drunk” or “out of it”.
- Cats go home the same day of surgery!
- If best for your cat, referral to a board certified surgeon might be recommended.